Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gidget's Second Freshening

Gidget finally had her babies, 2 weeks ago! I have really not been on top of the blogs lately, but I'll try to do better...

She had them alone again. She's my wildest goat, can't stand humans at all, but her babies are always sooo friendly!
I have to say, I have been so tempted to sell this girl so many times. But after seeing her this second freshening I am really impressed. Her udder has come in even nicer than last time, and she is nice and smooth and sharp. Plus, her babies this time, sired by Image, are just awesome!


This is little Hyacinth. She's a buckskin like her mom with one little moonspot there on her front shoulder. I had a hard time getting a picture that shows how gorgeous she is, so you will just have to take my word for it until we can get an official posed picture. She is remarkably upright with a super level topline, sharp little shoulders and wide escutcheon.

Bluebell is the blue eyed sister, and I would honestly be hard pressed to say which one is nicer. They are very similar in type! That's what I am loving about Image - his babies are very consistant in thier quality.

And, after all, Gidget is a beautiful little goat. I don't know if I dare try to milk her, LOL! But she will pass on some lovely dairy character to her daughters.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog on an ad you posted on Craigslist. Do you do goat shares or sell the milk? If so, how much? Thanks.

    matt4melis(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tiny goats are so cute! I wouldlove to have a farm and raise them also! Have fun with them as I am sure you already are!

    Thanks fo4r sharing your photos!
    SMiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete